Any energy system that is not connected to the electricity grid is called autonomous or Off-grid.
- What are the advantages of an autonomous solar system?
- What are the different capacities?
- What are the elements of an Off-grid PV system?
- What is an autonomous photovoltaic system?
What are the advantages of an autonomous solar system?
Off-grid systems provide complete energy independence and power supply when the grid is unavailable or connecting your home or business is too expensive.
- Independency from the grid
- Independency from the rising electricity prices
- Тhe price of the property rises
- Green electricity
Off-grid systems for hoseholds and businesses with different capacities
Autonomous solar systems can power not only lighting, household appliances and security and surveillance systems. They can be applied in office buildings and even in production processes.
- 1 kW – Off-grid photovoltaic system with a power of 1 kW is suitable for a caravan or camper, as well as for powering the lighting and telecommunications of a small summer cottage or bungalow.
- 3 kW – Solar generator of 3 kW can secure more energy needs. It is suitable for a small household, a hut or even an agricultural site.
- 5 kW – 5 kW autonomous solar power system is ideal for installing at a mountain hut or office building. Such a solar system could meet the needs of a household.
- 10 kW – Solar autonomous system of 10 kW is suitable for office buildings with 10-20 jobs, for small-scale production processes or guest houses.
- 30 kW -Off-grid solar system with a capacity of 30 kW, has the ability to power livestock farms, housing estates, hotels or industrial processes.
Autonomous island off-grid independent solar systems contain the following elements:
Solar panels generate electricity from sunlight, they have a long service life and power guarantees with a minimum of 25 years.
Solar charge controllers are responsible for the processes of charging and discharging of the batteries. They take care of their well-being and long life.
Batteries store the energy produced by the panels when it is not currently consumed, and is used when there is no generation.
Photovoltaics generate direct current, and the solar inverter converts it into an alternating current compatible with mass appliances.
What are Off-grid Photovoltaic Systems
Autonomous photovoltaic systems, solar off-grid systems, island systems, independent systems or simply solar systems without connection to the main grid.
These systems provide electricity to sites without connection to the country’s electricity grid. They have many applications, and their capabilities and prices vary according to the needs and individual specifics of the site.
Those types of photovoltaic systems are designed in places without grid power, where the sun is the only source of energy.
Unlike the On-grid solar generator, the Off-grid photovoltaic system works completely independently of the power supply network. The capabilities of the independent solar systems are many, and in addition to different functionality and application, they also have many different capacities. From lighting power supply to power supply of production processes.
Autonomous photovoltaic systems, also known as ‘ISLAND SYSTEMS’, are completely independent power generation facilities powered entirely by solar radiation (light).
Typically, such systems are widely used in remote places and areas without access to the country’s electricity grid. Examples of such installations are remote buildings in plots not connected to the network, mountain huts, pumping irrigation systems, emergency warning systems, security and surveillance systems, road signs with lighting, boats, bungalows, villas, caravans, etc. . Autonomous solar systems are extremely suitable for sites and households with limited electricity consumption.
The design and sizing of an autonomous photovoltaic system is a multilayer process that depends on lots of conditions. Some of the main factors influencing the planning of a grid-independent energy system are:
- How the system is going to be used – seasonally or year-round?
- What appliances will it power?
- How much time a day will loads work and when?
- Where is the site located?
Because of that, in order to calculate a suitable system, it is necessary to start by collecting accurate information about all electrical appliances that the system will supply. Off-grid systems can have a variety of uses – garden, park or street lighting, video surveillance, security systems, household, agricultural or industrial needs, are just some of the possibilities.
You can see sample ready-made autonomous systems HERE.
If you want an offer designed to your requirements and energy needs, do not hesitate to contact us.